What impact will you make this year?
As a Penn or Wharton undergraduate, graduate, or Ph.D. student, you have access to transformational social impact and business programming with the Wharton Social Impact Initiative. Discover our programs for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Not sure where to start? We’ll help you find the social impact program for you.
1. Real-world experience: You’re an undergraduate, graduate, or Ph.D. student seeking real-world consulting or research experience.
Apply for the WISE Fellowship. With a small team of Penn and Wharton students, you’ll help your client (a leading impact investor, local organization, start-up entrepreneur, or cutting-edge researcher) scale their impact.
2. Social impact commitment: You’re an undergraduate student who is passionate about social impact, and you’re ready to engage with a diverse community who is, too.
Learn about the Turner Social Impact Society. Members build a strong community through monthly events, receive coaching, and are eligible to earn funding for social impact related internships, conferences, and more.
3. Venture capital deals: You’re an undergraduate, graduate, or Ph.D. student who wants to work on real impact venture capital deals.
Apply to Wharton Impact Venture Associates (WIVA). You’ll get hands-on training in sourcing social impact companies and conducting rigorous due diligence as you link entrepreneurs with potential investors.
4. Entrepreneurial support: You’re a first-year Wharton MBA student with ambitious plans to launch or expand your social enterprise.
Apply for the Jacobs Impact Entrepreneur Prize. You’ll have the opportunity to win up to $50,000 for your social venture and join a global network of fellows.
5. Portfolio skills: You’re a Wharton MBA student aspiring to be a wealth or investment advisor, and want to put your skills to the test to meet your client’s impact and financial goals.
The Total Impact Portfolio Challenge is an annual competition where you’ll gain the knowledge, skills, and experience to design and execute investment portfolios that maximize impact across asset classes.
6. Impact investing competition: You’re a Wharton MBA student seeking to learn more about impact investing alongside peers all over the world.
MIINT is a global impact investing training program with 30+ business schools that culminates with a final pitch competition. Joining MIINT@Wharton will provide you with supplementary training and networking opportunities.
7. Inclusive growth: You’re a Wharton MBA student who is passionate about social and economic growth in Africa.
Check out Wharton Africa Growth Partners. You’ll join a select group of students working with impact investors who channel capital to African SMEs.
IF YOU WANT TO USE YOUR TALENTS TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE, WE’LL SUPPORT YOU AND HELP YOU SUCCEED. LEARN MORE ABOUT WHARTON SOCIAL IMPACT PROGRAMS — ALL APPLICATIONS OPEN ON AUGUST 27, 2019.
— Nisa Nejadi
Posted: August 21, 2019